Football in Sussex couldn't survive without its volunteer workforce...
Volunteers are the backbone of the football community and without their time and effort, clubs and leagues simply wouldn't exist.
That's why it's important that new volunteers are attracted into football to allow it to continue to grow.
So whether you are looking to recruit new volunteers to help run your club or league, or you're looking to give up some of your own time to support grassroots football, get in touch!
Well, why not? Here are just a few of the benefits of becoming a volunteer:
- Get a 'foot in the door' to working in the football industry
- Meet new people and develop a network of contacts
- Build your CV and increase your employability
- Increase your employability by developing your personal and professional skills
- Give something back to the game you love
- Help grow and sustain grassroots football
Most roles require no previous experience and/or qualifications, however you may need to undertake training and safeguarding checks.
There are a number of different volunteer roles available in football.
You can commit as little or as much time as you can. However you should speak to the club or league you are volunteering with to agree on expected commitment.