Referees Societies are local branches of the Referees Association organised by referees for the benefit of Referees. Local societies operate like a self-help group where you can meet with other referees to discuss different aspects of your game, share experiences and debate issues.
Other benefits of joining the Referees Association include:
- Membership of a strong national association through your local society
- Monthly meetings in your locality for social and cultural activities
- Comradeship and advice on refereeing matters from experienced colleagues
- Assistance with your development as a referee
- Representation of your interests at County and National levels with the full support from the RAE should you be the victim of unfortunate circumstances or should you receive unjust treatment
- Guidance on matters affecting promotion
- Direct access to the best range of referee kit and equipment in the country
- Personal accident insurance cover while on refereeing duties
- Membership of the Benevolent Fund
- IPRS supervised physiotherapy - for full members
- Free motor insurance legal cover
You will be welcome at any meeting of your local Society / Branch Association. For details of membership of the RA, or for any information on meetings, please contact your local branch Secretary from the list shown.