We are dedicated to supporting the Mental Health of all people involved within Football in Sussex and those that would like to become involved. Football has the power to bring people together, inspire friendships, good physical and mental health.
One in four adults every year are experiencing diagnosable mental ill-health and football can be a great way to support recovery. Our aim is to ensure people working within Football have had the correct training to support others within the game.
The below courses are being put on by Mental Health First Aid England, spaces are limited, and we encourage clubs, coaches, players, and welfare officers to engage with one of the below opportunities.
To show our commitment, Mental Health First Aid England and Sussex County FA are also part funding the Adult Awareness Course. The cost of the 2 Day adult course has been reduced from £300 to just £75.
Youth Mental Health Awareness Course (3 hour)
This introductory three-hour session raises awareness of young people’s mental health. It covers:
• Some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis.
• Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues.
• Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
Please use the link below to register for a place on the course, you will then be contacted by Simon Millington from Delamill tutoring to take payment for the cost of the course (£40).
Date: 17 November 2021
Adult Mental Health Awareness Course (2 day)
This session raises awareness of Adults mental health. It covers:
• What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
• A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
• An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
• Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Please use the link below to register for a place on the course, you will then be contacted by Simon Millington from Delamill tutoring to take payment for the cost of the course (£75).
Date: 1, 3, 8 and 9 November 2021
For more information on the course please contact:
T: 01903 766855