Entries open for Sussex Sports Awards 2018
Nominations for the Sussex Sports Awards 2018 are open, and will close at midday (12.00pm) on Friday 19 October 2018.
The Sussex Sports Awards is one of the most prestigious evenings in the Sussex sporting calendar, and this year returns to The Grand Hotel in Brighton, on Friday 23 November 2018.
This year’s theme is simply ‘Believe: Achieve’, as the evening will celebrate those that have dreamt big, and had the passion, determination and belief to achieve those dreams.
It is encouraged that nominations are made towards those who deserve to have their efforts, loyalty, talent, and determination applauded and showcased at the event.
The 2018 Sussex Sports Awards, hosted by BBC DJ Danny Pike, will also welcome a special guest host, Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards. Eddie charmed the world at the 1988 Winter Olympics – becoming the first competitor since 1928 to represent Great Britain in Olympic ski jumping.
Eddie is set to inspire up to 400 attendees with tales of his journey which epitomises what the Sussex Sports Awards are all about – promoting a ‘never say die’ attitude, believing in your abilities, and simply attempting to achieve great things even when the odds are stacked against you.
There are awards for individuals, clubs, projects and schools, so nominate now and give those deserving people a huge pat on the back.
Active Sussex is accepting nominations in the following categories:
• Create Development Active Primary School of the Year
• Everyone Active Club of the Year
• Coach of the Year
• The Grand Hotel Community Impact Award
• University of Brighton Disabled Sports Personality of the Year
• Wave Leisure Outstanding Contribution to Sport Award
• Leisure Sports Personality of the Year
• Rix & Kay Solicitors LLP Team of the Year
• BBC Sussex Unsung Hero Award
• Sussex County FA Volunteer of the Year
• Young Volunteer of the Year
• Platinum Publishing Group Young Sports Personality of the Year
For all of the categories criteria and guidelines, please visit Categories & Guidelines.
Nominations close at midday (12:00pm) on Friday 19 October 2018.
For further information about the Sussex Sports Awards please contact Active Sussex:
T: 01273 643869