Venues across Sussex can now apply to become part of the Just Play movement by becoming a Just Play Centre!
The FA Mars Just Play initiative gives the casual footballer a chance to just turn up to a venue and play football. The Just Play kickabout is recreational football at its best – it’s about turning up for an hour of exercise and a bit of fun. It’s football for those who can’t or don’t want to commit to an eight-month long season of matches and training.
The FA’s aim is to have FA Mars Just Play centres covering the whole country to ensure that anyone who wants to get involved has an opportunity to do so – and with your help we can achieve this in Sussex.
Whether you already have a group of interested participants or you’re looking to provide an opportunity for those in your local community then we want to hear from you and in return we can offer a range of benefits to getting involved:
Equipment pack – Each centre will receive 5 Nike Footballs, a set of branded bibs, cones and a marketing banner giving you all you need for a successful session.
Digital marketing library – You will be provided with access to a range of digital marketing assets including A4 & A3 Posters, A5 Leaflets, Social, Digital & Email Signatures to help you promote your new centre.
Just Play organiser kit – Each organiser will receive Nike branded kit including t-shirt, shorts, pants and rain jacket to ensure you look the part, whatever the weather!
Just Play organiser support – Guidance and support provided to all session leads to help maximise delivery.
FA events platform – A new digital platform upon which you simply and easily organise your kickabouts, leaving more time for the fun stuff, like playing football.
National promotion – The FA & Mars will help promote the programme nationally helping to attract potential new participants to your kickabouts.
Local bespoke support from Sussex County FA – We are on hand to provide additional support to make your centre a success. We recommend getting in touch with us before making your application.
In return for all that support, there are some minimum requirements that need to be in place in order to get a FA Mars Just Play Centre up and running.
These are focused on creating the safe, high quality environment that we know your future participants are looking for and include:
• Each session should be supervised by a Just Play organiser of 18 years or over with a current Level One Certificate in Coaching Football & FA Emergency Aid Certificate.
• Completion of a full risk assessment before the first session takes place that is regularly updated. We will provide you with a template and support for how to complete.
• Delivery for a minimum of 32 weeks across the year.
• Provision of adequately stocked first aid kit at all sessions
• Submission of attendance records via the Events Platform in a timely manner
• Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place (including insurance, Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities policies).
Apply to become a Mars Just Play Centre here
For further information on becoming a Mars Just Play Centre, please contact Development:
T: 01903 766855