FA Primary Teachers Award spaces available
Enhance your knowledge and skills that are required to deliver primary school P.E football lessons by enrolling onto The FA Primary Teachers’ Award.
The FA’s Primary Teachers’ Award provides a basic introduction to the skills required when planning to deliver a KS1 or KS2 Physical Education lessons through the subject content of football.
The award is aimed at:
• Qualified practising primary school teachers
• Those working towards becoming a primary school teacher(e.g. currently studying for a PGCE Primary qualification)
This course can also be accessed by the following groups:
• Higher Level Teaching Assistants (HLTA’s)
• Undergraduate PE/ Sport Coaching students considering primary teaching as a career.
The learning outcomes:
• To be able to recognise the role that invasion games have in KS1 and KS2 PE lessons
• Understand The FA’s playing and coaching philosophy
• Be able to set up organised fun football sessions
• Understand how to organise basic FUNdamental games to help movement skills
• Have an understanding of how to modify learning activities to manage difference
• Be able to set up small sided games for young players
• Be able to help with school teams and provide further playing opportunities for pupils
• Know how to access further information of football coaching.
The FA Primary Teachers Award is FREE and is being hosted at Bede’s Senior School, Upper Dicker, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 3QH on Friday 6 July 2018.
The course duration is 6 hours (9am-3pm), please note there are limited spaces.
You will be required to have a FAN Number to enroll onto this course.
Retrieve/ create your FAN
To be added onto the course, please complete The FA Primary Teachers Award registration form.
For further information please contact Sharon Muxworthy, Regional PE and Coaching in Education Coordinator: