Latest Grassroots Football Survey Results
The Football Association has recently announced the record-breaking results of the latest Grassroots Football Survey.
The survey provides grassroots football participants with an opportunity to voice their opinions on the football provision in their county and received 30,315 responses in total.
This figure is up from 28,750 and 30,161 in 2015/16 and 2016/17, respectively from over 6,000 adult players, 1,000 youth players, 6,000 coaches, 3,000 referees, over 3,000 club and league officials, as well as parents, spectators and wider volunteers.
Kelly Simmons, Director of Participation and Development, said: "The third Grassroots Football Survey will continue to shape the national picture of football in England and allow County FAs to put the thoughts and opinions of those in their area at the heart of decision making.
“I am delighted we have seen more engagement from participants than ever before and look forward to seeing the impact of increasingly tailored investments and services."
Headline statistics and general feedback from the latest Grassroots Football Survey include:
• Artificial grass pitches and pitch improvements are key areas for facilities investment
• However, 35% of participants now find it easy to access an artificial grass pitch
• 91% believe any form of disrespect does not belong in the game
• All groups, except adult male players, predict participation levels will increase next season
• 73% of participants desire greater interaction with their respective County FA
Key findings from Grassroots Football Surveys taken in Sussex include:
• Amongst Adult male players, satisfaction levels are largely unchanged in comparison to last year
• Overall satisfaction among Club official’s remains high – in particular Club officials are more satisfied with the Full Time and Whole Game systems
• Satisfaction among referees is also high and in particular the provision of training and opportunities to develop areas are areas of strength
• Grass pitches are a potential area for focus – satisfaction to the availability and quality of artificial grass pitches has improved
• Customers would like to be contacted and interacted with more directly
The next Grassroots Football Survey will be launched in October 2018.
We are looking forward to receiving more feedback from our football community to improve and develop grassroots football in Sussex For All.
For further information on Grassroots Football in Sussex, please contact Football Services:
T: 01903 753547