The COVID-19 pandemic has had a huge impact on grassroots football and the operating procedures for football stadia.
Here at the Sussex County FA we have our COVID-19 Risk Assessment and Action Plan (both can be download below) and amended some of the logistics for pitch and room hire.
Some of the key elements include:
- Everyone entering the stadium, at any time, must scan the NHS Test & Trace QR Code, via the NHS COVID-19 App on their mobile phone
- Everyone will be expected to sanitise their hands prior to entry and will be subject to a thermal temperature check - regrettably, anyone showing a temperature of 37.8c or above will not be allowed access
- For teams training at the facility, there is a one-way system in operation and players should enter (and exit) the pitch and stadium from designated gates
- For fixtures there will be a maximum of six players at a time allowed in changing rooms, which have been marked with specific zones - for training sessions there will be no changing rooms available
- Spectators will still be allowed to attend fixtures but MUST maintain 2-meter distancing or sit with a gap of two empty seats - face coverings must be worn when entering the bar/lounge
Following these simple guidelines will assist in keeping everyone safe and, we hope, result in the continuation of grassroots football in Sussex.
We do ask for everyone’s assistance during these difficult times, and all clubs should be following similar guidelines.