The Football Association is looking to appoint Coach Mentors to support local County Football Associations.
They will work with specific projects, supporting:
• FA Charter Standard Clubs
• Specific target groups (BAME, Female and Disability)
• Grassroots Clubs
• League Support
• Post Qualification Support
FA Coach mentors are recruited on a part-time basis to deliver an agreed sum of hours of mentoring support to grassroots coaches across a 12 month period. Mentors will provide quality targeted support that challenges coaches to excel in their work and enhance coaching standards nationally.
The aim of the Mentoring programme is:
• To support the development of coaches in Grassroots football leaving a lasting legacy
• To work with Clubs to identify the needs of coaches
• To mentor and support coaches
• To observe, provide feedback and create action plans for clubs and individuals
• To develop and deliver a programme of support for coaches across the 4 corners
• To support coach development, focusing upon the knowledge, skills and attributes to be an effective coach
• To support and develop reflection skills
• To deliver individual, bespoke club based events to support the learning of coaches
The mentoring programme will meet the needs of coaches at a local level, promoting and cascading the principles of the England DNA, as well as linking with The FA Respect programme.
We now seek applications from perspective mentors with the right credentials, knowledge, skills attributes and time to provide mentoring opportunities for coaches.
If you wish to be considered for one of the Coach Mentor positions please complete the application form and attach your CV. Please note that only electronic applications will be accepted. Unfortunately, the FA will not be able to respond to everyone individually so if you do not hear from them by Friday 25 May 2018, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 18 May 2018, any applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Interviews are scheduled to take place within the region on Tuesday 29 May 2018 at Sussex County FA, Culver Road, Lancing, West Sussex, BN15 9AX.
Following interview, successful candidates accepted as a FA Coach Mentor will be required to attend a 1 day training / familiarisation session at St Georges Park on Saturday 23 June 2018 (for which no fee will be payable).
Please note that it is essential that you attend this date prior to being appointed as an FA Coach Mentor. You will also be required to attend a regional training day in July which will be communicated at your interview.
No further interview or induction dates will be available this year, therefore please only apply if you are able to commit to attend the above dates.
For further information please contact The FA: