Junior Football Leaders Courses:
This course can be delivered for a school or club on request through the Sussex County FA. A minimum of six weeks’ notice will be required and a minimum of twelve students will be needed to deliver the course.
This course provides a basic introduction to leadership skills required when involved in football. The course will primarily introduce 4 areas: Assisting Football Activity Sessions, An introduction to refereeing, Helping with a Team & Different Football Events – in addition to these areas, Respect, Promoting the Game & Developing the game will be embedded during the Guided Learning Hours.
Course Aims & Objectives
To provide learners with an introduction to Leadership skills that may be used within the game and beyond. In the first instance the young leaders should be supported by more experienced qualified people within the game to support their development.
Introduction to the Course
• Course content
• How to get involved in Football
• Getting involved & helping those involved to ‘get better’
Assisting Football Activity Sessions
• Creating a Safe Learning environment
• Organising games
• Introduction to the basics of FUNdamentals
An introduction to Refereeing
• Preparing to referee
• Whistle techniques & and introduction to Ball In, Ball Out
• Safety of the Players and Re-starts to the Game
Helping with a Team
• Preparing for the game
• Warm-up prior to the game
• Organising and Managing players expectations
Different Football Events
• An introduction to three different formats of competition
• Using these in a practical setting
• Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning (however inability to participate will not prevent successful completion of the award).
• Prior to certification, candidates are required to:
- Be at least 12 years of age
Period of Registration
• 6 Guided Learning Hours
• 4 Notional Learning Hours
• All workbook tasks must be completed and evidenced documentation of the students 4 hours of voluntary work experience completed and verified by the Teacher/Tutor. This one day practically based and interactive course is aimed at young people aged between 12 to 15 years old.
• If a course is full and you wish to be placed on the reserve list, please contact the Sussex County FA Development Department, details below, quoting the course code.
• If you prefer not to book online, you can download the Coaching Course Application Form and send the completed form together with your remittance to:
Development Department, Sussex County FA, Culver Road, Lancing, West Sussex, BN15 9AX.
(Cheques should be made payable to the Sussex County FA Ltd.)
• Please read the Terms & Conditions, before booking onto a course.
If you have any queries with regards to Coaching Courses then please contact Development:
T: 01903 766855